Women around the world celebrate International Women’s Day every year on March 8th. This day serves to reflect upon how far women have come throughout American history, and more importantly, it serves to recognize the improvements that still need to be made for women in our culture.
Here are some fun facts about the present and the past of the status of women.
- Only 12% of the richest people in this country are women.
- The United States is one of seven countries that have yet to ratify CEDAW, or the Commission of Elimination of Discrimination Against Women. The other countries include Iran, Somalia, Sudan, South Sudan, Palau and Tonga.
- Anna Connelly, a woman, invented the fire escape in 1887, which has saved millions of lives.
- The nineteenth amendment that granted women the right to vote was ratified on August 18th, 1920.
- Lastly, Julie Levi founded Progressive Promotions in 1987 and she is still the CEO of the company today!
Progressive Promotions, Inc. is proud to represent one of 7.8 million women owned businesses in the country in 2007. This represents 28.7 of all companies nationwide. Levi won the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) award in 2011, and she is a member of the Women’s Presidents Organization (WPO) where she has been learning from other women business owners like herself since 2001. Progressive Promotions Inc. would like to encourage ambitious women everywhere to follow their dreams and to never give up!
Women Presidents' Educational Organization Annual Awards Breakfast
Progressive Promotions was a proud sponsor of the awards at the WPEO’s annual Awards breakfast at the Pierre Hotel in New York City on March 7, 2014. The Progressive Promotions Executive Vice President of Sales, Donna Anastasio & Vice President of Operations & Finance, Pam Abramowitz were in attendance to support this event which celebrates women owned businesses and the corporations who support them. Progressive Promotions has been a sponsor of this valuable program for several years and is committed to supporting and promoting the WPEO’s initiatives of mentoring and coaching newly certified WBENC Woman-Owned enterprises.